Williamson County Amateur Radio Service, WC-ARES, located in Williamson County, Texas, USA, meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at the Williamson County ESOC, 911 Tracy Chambers Lane, Georgetown TX 78626.
Our meetings start at 7:30 PM and we try to have a Guest Speaker, ARES Topic or Training at each meeting which last for about an hour. The only thing “Amateur” about this group is in the name. We strive to provide the most Professional Radio Operators possible. We support both government and non-government organizations with emergency communications in times of emergency.
WC-ARES uses two open repeaters:
- 146.640 PL=162.2 in Georgetown *
- Linked with 145.45 PL=162.2 in Taylor
- Echolink enabled, node N5TT-R
- 147.080 PL=100.0 in Georgetown.
* We hold a training net on the 146.640 repeater every Sunday at 8:00 PM. The NET may be on either repeater, depending on conditions.
WC-ARES also owns a portable emergency repeater for use in disaster areas. It currently uses the frequency 444.650 and a tone of 100.0. The frequency is anticipated to change once we acquire a new duplexer. It is only on the air for disaster use, and would be in the disaster area.
Austin Ionosonde: real-time data from the Austin, TX ionosonde solar weather.